If you are trying to eat healthy on a regular basis, you need to start your day off on the right track. This recipe is very quick, easy, and cheap. You can make them ahead of time and enjoy them throughout the week.
- 1 handful of fresh spinach, sliced in strips
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 Large Eggs (whole eggs or egg whites, your choice)
- 1/4 cup milk (almond milk or low fat are great choices)
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- OPTIONAL* Meat. I used Deli ham. you can use bacon, sausage, or chorizo.
- Preheat oven to 350. Whisk together eggs and milk and set aside.
- Sauté mushrooms in 1/2 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool.
- Pray cupcake tins with cooking spray. Layer ingredients in each tin. Add Meat, mushrooms, tomato, and top with spinach. Then pour your egg mixture until the tins are 3/4 full.
- season with salt and pepper ( or your favorite seasoning blend) and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Once the edges brown, remove and allow to cool on a cooling rack. Serve immediately or place them in the fridge for a few days. ENJOY