While the name might not sound like the healthiest dish, I promise this recipe is both healthy and delicious. It comes together quickly and is packed with flavor. Give this a try one day this week and I know you will love it.
- 2 tbsp olive oil ( or coconut oil)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced (can use ginger powder)
- 2-3 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 (6 oz)can tomatoes paste
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1tsp chili powder or paprika
- 1 tsp Mustard seed powder or fenugreek
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream (can substitute non-fat yogurt)
- Cauliflower rice, prepared (frozen bag from grocery store works great!)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and onions. Cook the onions down for 3-4 minutes until edges are browned slightly. Add ginger and garlic and stir around until fragrant, 30 seconds to a minute.
- Add tomato paste and spices and stir for 30 seconds. Next, add chicken and stir to combine. Cook until all chicken is cooked through.
- Add yogurt or cream and simmer for 5-8 minutes. Serve over cauliflower rice and enjoy!
About Dr. Susan Behnawa
Dr. Behnawa is a fellowship- trained geriatrician and family physician. She is seeing patients currently in Menifee, but will be permanently accepting new patients in our band new Sun City office which is set to open this year! To learn more about Dr. Behnawa, click the link below,